Salamander Silhouette by antonsrkn


Nauta Salamander (Bolitoglossa altamazonica) - Amazonas, Colombia This is the first tropical salamander I have ever photographed, I'd seen them before but never at a time that I had a camera handy. I spotted this one from quite far away as I saw a little squiggle on a distant leaf. I had a pretty good idea as to what I was looking at and as I approached my suspicions were confirmed! I thought back light might make for an interesting image here. These little salamanders are quite slow to move and seem to be unlikely predators of small insects. However they have a secret weapon, they are able to shoot their tongue out at amazing speeds and nab any small invertebrates that venture close. I saw it in action a few times with some unlucky mosquitoes but unfortunately it was much to fast for me to photograph successfully this time around. https://flic.kr/p/ESEENi

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

iOS 아이폰용 앱 개발을 위한 디자인시, 디자이너가 참고 해볼만한 사항들

[펌] '악마는 프라다를 입는다'의 진짜 명대사

스냅드래곤 기반 크롬북, ‘트로그도어’ 개발 중